Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hello Florida!

I get to go to Destin on Saturday!!! I haven't been to the Destin since high school--at least 6 years! I am so excited!! My friend, Mary Nell, is going down there with her family and asked me to go along! How amazing are my friends? AMAZING! That's Mary Nell on the left in the pic below. She is from Camden, AR. I met her a few summers ago while taking Organic Chem I&II. We had ALOT of serious/funny breakdowns during that horrible class. To this day, she has to hold me back when I see that professor on campus. What a great friend---she keeps me from committing crimes and takes me to Florida with her!
Of course I had to call the Captain(my loving mother) to ask for permission....and money. I was worried she would say 'no'. I thought she would make me finish my CNA class that I started 2 weeks ago, or be upset that I was asking for more money (I do that alot :)), no, she just wanted to make sure that I could come home to take a family picture. UGH! family pictures are the worst! Let me tell you why.

1. Kyle and Slater NEVER have their hair cut, smile correctly, or stand up straight enough for the captain to be happy.

2. There are 5 kids in my family (ages 20-27), so it's really hard to get everyone together. The perfect example is the picture at the top of this blog--family vacation in Mexico last Christmas. Do you see Kyle? no. He "had to work."

3. Captain is NEVER happy. This is the 8th effin family picture this year! That's a record number of family pictures in one year that she is not happy with!

This one she said would be perfect, except it's at the bar--and I think we are all a little happy if you know what I mean. :)


I have finally gathered the troops for a 2pm sitting on saturday with a photographer. Wish us luck...or I might not be going to Florida after all!
Don't worry friends, Ryan is taking care of Miss Mac for the week! What a great boyfriend!

2 comments:

  1. Cute, love it!!!!! Captain...that's great! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look! It's the whole crew at Mickey Finn's!!

    ReplyDelete